Monday, December 5, 2011

Accepting nothing less than awesome

i've been doing better lately. nothing major happened. i just realized it's not about me.

my positive attitude can affect people just as much as my negative attitude can. PMA...positive mental attitude...a term i used when i taught outdoor education.

awesomeness...that's my new motto. nothing less. not perfection...no...i don't expect that from myself, much less anyone else. just awesomeness. 

work the last 2 nights was busy, but we all got along & collaborated. we were able to take some time & chat. we took the best care of our patients that we possibly could. it was just awesome.

tomorrow i have an appointment with the counselor again. i don't know if i really "need" to go. i don't know if i'll go for anymore visits have tomorrow. i think it's good to talk about what's been going on in the last month. tools that worked, tools that i didn't even try. things that are still holding me back. 

it's amazing how the realization that something was wrong with my thinking, my behavior, my coping started in october or a little earlier. a lot of my "recovery" started before i even made the first counseling appointment. heck, i had to get over a lot of my own stuff to even make the appointment. 

i love Christmas time. several reasons...giving, family, friends, the love of Jesus Christ. it's also time for a new year...i have never wished a year away, but 2011 was not awesome for me...although my new motto was not yet in place. 2012 will be awesome, the end. i expect awesome & amazing things for 2012. i mean, 12 is my favorite number...it's the last year of my 20s. awesome...i just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment